Day with Kara

It's hard to spend a whole day with Kara anymore since she's in big girl school.  She's home for less than an hour in the morning, then from 3-7 in the afternoons.  But, I did the best I could.

Today Kara's school was having a holiday celebration at lunch time and all the parents got to come in and eat with the kids.  This was so much fun!  Kara's such a big kid and knows all the rules of who sits where, when it's okay to throw your trash away, how to separate trash from recycling, etc.  She talked my ear off most of the time I was there.  I was so proud of my big girl and so grateful to get a glimpse of this whole other world she's a part of at school.  The last few minutes or so, she spent making funny faces and laughing at her friend across the room.  :-)  She was so happy to have me there, and happy to send me on my way when lunch was over.  Perfect.  :-)

When Kara got home from school, I showed her the small table top Christmas tree I got for her for her room and we made ornaments to decorate it.  It was so inspiring, she decided she wanted to do our big Christmas tree.  I have been putting it off this year, so I appreciated her kick in the pants to get started.  I was SO surprised at what a big help she was this year.  I didn't move hardly any ornaments she put on the tree.  I simply explained that you need to space them apart and not put two that look the same next to each other.  She got it big time and we were done in only a couple of hours.  Here's a picture (the lights were off, so my phone made it look a tad radioactive):

In the end, I got some good quality time in with my sweet pea, and it was an awesome day because of it.  Tomorrow I'm going on a field trip with her to Toby's Dinner theater to see Charlotte's Web.  I'm looking forward to it!

Comments

Madamommy said…
awesome job Kara!!!