Coupon Day

I posted something else for today, so you can skip this one if you're sick of the coupons.  :-)

I don't give details for every item I buy anymore because no one is as excited as I am, so I'll just give the highlights.  Let me warn you - Michael is going on an overseas trip and needed a few things - they weren't cheap!  But my coupon shopping at Harris Teeter and CVS were cheap.  I did the best I could with the rest.  :-)

Before Coupons
Harris Teeter:  $95
(5 bags chips, sliced cheese, 2 large laundry detergents, 6 apples, 3 boxes cookies, 2 large coffees, 2 boxes ziploc bags, 3 12pks soda, 4 pkgs biscuits)
CVS:  $42  this includes sale prices, just not coupons
(candy, razors - $11 each!, eye shadow, nail clippers, candy canes)
Target Transaction #1:  $62.69
(14 toothbrushes, 2 toothpastes, 4 floss, first aid kit, neosporin lip balm, 6 blistex, travel pillow for Michael) - I'm collecting stuff to donate - can you tell?  :-)
Target Transaction #2:  $62.97
(little table top tree for Kara's room, 5 Christmas presents for kids, juice)
Target Transaction #3:  $68.36
(underpants for Kara, outlet converter for Michael's business trip, gummy vitamins, workout pants)
This transaction had no coupons, which drove me crazy!  It definitely messed up my total savings for the day.

Can you tell I had coupons for when I spent $50 for Target?  :-)  I had two save $10 on $50, and one $5 off $50.

After Coupons
Harris Teeter:  $47
CVS:  Just tax!  $2.38
Target Transaction #1:  34.02
Target Transaction #2:  28.97
Target Transaction #3:  49.89

Total cost:  331.02
I spent:  162.32
I saved:  168.70 or 51%

Couponing is a game and it's fun.  And after today, I think I'm winning.  :-)

Comments