"It's practically here!" - the Grinch


Yay!  Christmas is almost here!  I only have two more presents to wrap and some baking to do.  December is always full of things to get done, but NOW is the time to sit back and enjoy all the work we've done while we celebrate our sweet Savior's birth with our family and friends.

This morning I'm finding myself remorseful for things I've said/done/thought just in the last week or so (nevermind the things over my whole life!), and thinking I do not deserve God's love.  Sending His precious, blameless, perfect, dear Son to our earth gives us just a glimpse of His love.  I really just cannot fathom it.  I CERTAINLY would not sacrifice my little girl for the human race!  Not only did Jesus have to grow up in this imperfect world, but His death for our sins is just mind blowing.  So, instead of wallowing in my own guilt or desire to earn God's love, I think I'll rejoice that He gives it to me anyway and be grateful I never have to earn it because He gives it to me freely thanks to His Son Jesus who 'opened the door' for us.  My focus will be on my Lord who adores us, instead focusing on myself.

Merry Christmas, friends and family!  I hope the next few weeks are full of joy and love and that you keep Jesus in the front of your minds!

“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
   and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
                            -- Luke 2:14

Comments

Vicky said…
Been playing catch up on my reading tonight. Great posting you've been doing! Can't wait to hear Michael's funny stories of his travels back from England! See you soon!
jessicaday said…
Thanks, Mom. :-) It's been an interesting couple of months for me and finally I felt like sharing it on my blog. And wouldn't you know it, the comments my sweet friends made helped so much. Technology is just so awesome. :-)
Can't wait to see you soon! Tomorrow will be spent in the kitchen! Merry Christmas. xoxo
Vicky said…
Same for me getting things ready so all we have to do is pop it into the oven to bake! Or into the crockpot to heat back up! XOXOXO