Proud - the good kind

There's the bad kind of pride - where you put yourself before others, or should I say, lift yourself up over others - and there's the good kind of pride - that feeling you get of happiness and gladness to know someone you love who's done something really well.  I am feeling the good kind of pride for my little family of 3.  Please let me boast a bit about the 2 people I love the most in a way where I'm trying to be humble.  :-)

Kara is doing really well in school.  She's doing 1st grade math and going to start an advanced reading program.  My little girl just adores school, and I attribute that to God who gave her the brains, brought us to that school, and gave her a really special teacher who is giving her an amazing education.  I'll have more details soon - tomorrow is the parent/teacher conference!

Michael just started a new job.  He is not perfect, but the Lord certainly gave Michael an extra helping of brains, work ethic, and drive.  His new job is really rolling out the red carpet for him, which he won't tell me a lot about because he is insanely humble, but he gets a smirk on his face every time I ask how his day was.  I know that smirk.  :-)  Kara inherited that smirk.  Let's just say, there's good stuff and he's holding back on the bragging.  Even though he started a new job, he's working part time on his old job because they just couldn't let him go.  Michael's A.D.D. brain loves working like this - there's a lot going on, he's feeling challenged, and he's going 3 different directions all at once.  He is very happy, but very tired at the end of the day.

Life is really good here.  :-)  I am the supporter, which is awesome, but now it's time for me to do something to make Michael and Kara so proud of me.  Hmmmm......

Comments

Madamommy said…
You don't need to find something that they can be proud of you for... you've already got something! You are an awesome mom and a dedicated wife! Your family is your passion and you serve them as God would want you to-I think that in itself is pretty awesome!

I'm so glad Kara is doing so good. Megan was in advanced reading... and now-she's at like a 4th grade level... just the other day-she read a 21 chapter book in an hour and a half! Not just an easy ready type book-a serious chapter book! With Kara rapidly reading like that-the sky is the limits-once they can read-they can investigate more!
jessicaday said…
Sheryl, that is so sweet! Thank you so much!!!

Wow, that's is so wonderful - a chapter book?! You should be so proud of your smart little ones! :-)