Good dinner

Here's my coupon shopping in action:

Harris Teeter sale on meat:  3 shoulder steaks (pot roast in steak shape) - $11.50 down to $7.31.
1 can Hunts tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano bought at Target for $0.14.
Harris Teeter bargain rack of produce:  3.3lbs potatoes = $1.00 (but I only used 4 potatoes for tonight's dinner)
Milk for mashed potatoes - FREE at Harris Teeter this week
Butter for mashed potatoes and bread - on sale at Harris Teeter this week
Bread - FREE from mom - she went on vacation this week and knew it wouldn't last that long

So, I pan seared the steaks in a little bit of olive oil on the stove with grill seasoning on it.  Then I poured the can of tomatoes in and mixed it up a bit.  That's it!  I put it in the oven for 2 1/2 hours and we had a delicious meal.  The meat fell apart with just forks.  So good!  (These would have been great in the crock pot too, but I didn't get back from the grocery store with the meat until 1:00.)  Then I made the potatoes when it was time to eat.  (By the way, I put parmesan cheese on top of my meat and tomatoes.  Yummmmmm......)

Tonight's meal in total cost:  $7.70 (assuming 4 potatoes is 1lb)
This fed Michael and I tonight, and had enough for 3 leftovers for lunches this week.
5 meals, BEEF meals, $7.70.  Yeah, that's what couponing is all about!  :-)

Comments

Madamommy said…
You are such a great cook!
Madamommy said…
You are such a great cook!
jessicaday said…
Aw, thanks Sheryl! I certainly try my hardest, even if not everyone agrees with you. :-)