Excercise Weather?

I have NOT been working out, like I thought I would.  I actually like it okay, but have definitely not been in the mood.  Yesterday was really cold, but sunny and windy.  I decided to go workout my absolute favorite way - do a power walk in my neighborhood.  I think I've discovered (a revelation that hit yesterday) that because I hate to sweat, my favorite time to workout is in the colder months.  That good old 45 degree wind kept a single bead of sweat from falling, yet I got a great workout.  Also, not only are Maryland summers very hot, they are super humid.  I have a lot harder time catching my breath in that nasty humidity.  Extra sweat + extra shortness of breath = me sitting by the pool.  This crisp November weather is super fresh and feels amazing in my lungs.  Not to mention, the cloudless blue sky against the vibrant orange trees really do something for me.  Maybe it's because blue and orange are on opposite sides of the color wheel, but no two colors in nature are more beautiful together, in my opinion.  I'm not sure if I'll keep up the exercising (even though I really should), but it felt really great to get out there!  I admit I miss the days of my daily 45 minutes power walk/jogs.  That may sound pathetic to my friends, the marathon runners, but it kicks my average 3-day-a-week-20-minute-power-walk's little hiney!

So, here's to starting an exercise routine in November, and putting the jogging shoes away in March.  :-)

Comments

Vicky said…
We, as in Tim and me, need to SOOOOOO get back at the walking!!! Hope you can stick with it! You looked great on Skype last night, btw! :D Miss you all!
jessicaday said…
You are SO sweet. It was the end of the day and I am probably at my all time heaviest, so that proves you really love me and that was good lighting! LoL!