Productive Procrastinator

I have been meaning to put together the shelves for the basement for a while now.  In fact, Michael and I bought them when he was off work for Columbus day, which was a whole month ago!  I do like putting things together, something Michael gave up doing a long time ago.  You see, I LOVE shelves and they're so cheap to buy the kits and put them together yourself.  Over the years I've brought home shelf kit after shelf kit.  Michael finally said if I was going to buy the kit, I'd have to put it together myself.  If it means cheap shelves, I'm happy to do it.  But lately I have not been in the mood.  Especially since I already put the old ones together and know it's going to take at least an hour for each shelf set.

So, I procrastinated for a whole month.  But, I justified it in my mind because I procrastinated with getting phone calls and email done.  I cleaned the house and organized Kara's room.  You see, I'm a productive procrastinator.  I remember all those years in high school and college I used to procrastinate homework by cleaning instead.  My house was never as clean as when I had a paper due the next day!  :-)

How do you procrastinate?

Comments

Madamommy said…
Aw girl-I wish I could! But if I procrastinate... systems fail in my house!!! I do have like a years worth of pictures to put in albums... but I don't know if I'm procrastinating or if I just simply don't have the time to do it because if I had the time it'd totally be done!