Christmas Spirit

Usually I have all my Christmas decorations up by now, but it's been 70 degrees here lately and I'm finding it hard to get in the mood.  I know it's weird to complain about beautiful weather and my windows being open after Thanksgiving, but can I please request some chilly weather?  I'd love to get cozy with a warm blanket and some warm coffee.  Instead I'm wearing flip-flops and short sleeves and sitting by the open window.

Also, we lost our Christmas tree in the flood, as well as the angel tree-topper.  Maybe I'm a little emotional about trying to make the new tree work.  It sounds so stupid, but I've been a little emotional these days and I may actually be feeling that way.  *sigh*

I need to just put on "The Grinch" and get the decorations up.  That movie (as well as National Lampoons Christmas Vacation), always gets me in the Christmas mood!  What movies/music do it for you?

Comments

Elisabeth said…
My next post was going to be about the same thing only I'm feeling the opposite way this year! I would gladly send you our chilly weather if I could. I've been listening to christmas music for weeks now. Maybe that will do it for you...
Anonymous said…
Elf!! Love that movie! Cracks me up!
jessicaday said…
Elisabeth, Christmas music is a great idea! We have a radio station that plays all Christmas music all the time this time of year. Thanks. :-)

Stephanie - that's a good one! I love when he yells SANTA!!!!!!! Lol!!
Kattrina said…
We just have a tiny, fake tree this year (and by tiny I mean 2ft at the most). We don't have much space and since we're heading to Vermont I didn't want to spent a ton on a fake tree that wouldn't even see Christmas. I wanted a large fake tree but we have no place to store it and no money to buy it. So our house is a sad example of holiday spirit! Although I've already watched Elf and Love Actually (my fav. Christmas movie). I love Rudolph and It Came Upon a Midnight Clear too!
Vicky said…
The Christian Radio station I listen to, BBN, out of Greensboro began playing Christmas music today! LOVE it! That usually puts me in the Christmas mood.....but, since we don't do Christmas much anymore ON Christmas, it is hard for me to get in the mood to do any decorating! It seems like such a waste! But, we will see. I might change my mind! I like that I can....or don't have to if I don't want to! :D