No Kara

Kara and Abigail

After Niyah went home, the three of us went to spend the weekend with Michael's family. Both sisters with their families came to Michael's parents house with us. All the cousins were together and it was crazy, but wonderful. Good times, good laughs, and it's always good to see everyone. I LOVE how well the cousins play together.

Michael and I left Sunday afternoon to come home without Kara. This week is VBS at Tim & Vicky's church, so Kara is going there. She is loving it and enjoying her "Grandma week". Well, somehow Vicky talked me into letting Kara stay two weeks because the other older grandkids are coming the next week. Of course, Kara is up for it. This is the longest she has ever been without me, but I'm sure I'll miss her before she misses me. She is no longer a shy, whiny, momma's-girl. She is a lot more independent now and I LOVE IT! She is experiencing more life than she ever did before. Praise God for her sweet, blessed little life.

So, what on earth am I doing while Kara's gone? Well, not much. An afternoon with my best friend, shopping with my mom.....twice, running errands, spending time with Michael - dinner and movies, hanging out around the house watching old episodes of Dawson's Creek, one of my favorite shows. (Yes, I'm a nerd.) I guess it's safe to say this is MY vacation.

After Kara gets home (assuming she stays the full two weeks), we'll have a week and a half to relax before school starts. We'll probably start changing her schedule and practicing getting ready on time. *sigh* After an amazing summer, reality is always right around the corner.

The good news......fall is my favorite season. :-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I'm so excited for my vacation next week!! Yes, a week with only one child is a vacation! And the fact that she can't go anywhere or backtalk yet just makes it better. =)
Vicky said…
All the ladies have commented on how different Kara is from the first VBS she attended here. "She sure has come out of her shell" is the normal comment with grins of pleasure (from them AND me!) :D And, of course, they all think she is a beautiful child! And she does have a beautiful heart, too!