Hurricane News

Before I get into what's going on today, I just have to say that I appreciate everyone being so sweet and commenting on my couponing. I am really excited to start a new hobby, something that's just for me, something that's gonna keep me busy when my baby starts kindergarten in a few days, and it means a lot to have my friends support me. (Yeah, I may have a little pms mixed in - the emotions are running high!) :-) Oh, and going to 4 stores took less than two hours in the pouring rain with my 5 year old, so it wasn't that big of a deal. I bet in the sunshine without Kara I could have kept it to one hour. :-) I was CRAZY organized - even for me. I knew exactly what I wanted from each store and it took like 10 minutes to get each thing in the cart.

Doppler radar from weather.com

So, about Hurricane Irene. The rain and slight breeze started around noon. It was a normal rain/drizzle for several hours, and now it's 6pm. The gusts remind me of a blizzard and the rain is heavier. Nothing like those hail storms from a couple of weeks ago, though. There were bits of leaves and branches ripped off the trees and littered all over the ground.

We've prepared for power outages: we have lots of flashlights, batteries, candles, etc, and all our devices are fully charged.

We've prepared for wind: EVERYTHING but the boat has been moved into the garage. Garbage cans, cars, grill, patio furniture, hoses, etc.

We've prepared for rain: Michael fully charged our battery and reattached it to the sump pump. In the event of a power outage AND extreme rain, the sump pump will still run.

I have water, milk, bread, toilet paper, etc. We're stocked up and can live happily in the house for days if need be (but I doubt we will).

The MOST important thing is, we're all prayed up and God will watch over us. We may not get much sleep tonight if the wind and rain stay this loud, though. And they forecast is it will get much louder through the night. But we'll be watched over.

Playing race car video games with Michael

We're playing video games, watching cartoons, eating fun lunches and dinners, and just enjoying a day at home. Praise God for a wonderful home that never floods in extreme weather and praise God for electricity - for however long it lasts.

Playing Charlie Church Mouse (from Mamaw) and the new game I bought her from Ollies the other day

Comments