Good Deals

I'm continuing on with the good deals. Today I shopped the commissary with my mom and the savings are automatically 30%. The prices are always good there. I spent hours doing research and all the prices are the same or better than the local discounts and specials WITH their coupons. THEN I can use manufacturer's coupons on top of that. Yeah, my coupons added another 17% savings, which makes that a total of 47% savings. Oh yeah!

Okay, I'm having so much fun saving, that I have to stop spending. :-) The next several days are going to be spent clipping and doing more research for next week. And actually cooking the food I already bought! Lol!

Last week it was the crazy expensive tire, and this week there's talk of resealing the driveway. *sigh* I AM trying to save money, it just doesn't seem to be happening. Oh well, that's what it's there for.

About the diet. I have been cutting back. I'm making good food decisions and eating less junk. I haven't started exercising yet - that's gonna be much easier to do when Kara starts school in two weeks. Unfortunately, I gained a pound. Just when I felt really frustrated and ate a really decadent meal just in spite of my poor metabolism, I remembered something. Now that I'm older, it takes a good 3 weeks for the cutting back to affect my weight and start working. Great. Well, I'm still making good choices and eating better than I was before. I'm gonna keep it up and by the time Labor day gets here I'm hoping for the scale to go down a bit.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I'm giving up on couponing at least until both the older kids are in school. I just don't have time to think about the coupons right now! And, you aren't dieting, you are making a life style change....=) Sounds so much easier!
Madamommy said…
Awesome!! Great job!!! Sounds like you're getting the hang of it. It's like a game-see how much you can save! Us stay-at-home moms gotta have something to do right?!?! LOL! I'm trying to lose weight too-I still have 15 pounds to go pre-AJ... I fear that as we get older, it gets harder... wish I were closer again so we could go for regular walks!
jessicaday said…
Elisabeth, I appreciate the positivity, but calling it a lifestyle change does not help me one bit. All of it means change and as a human, I don't like it. All of it means giving up indulgence, and as a human, I don't like that either.
Thanks Sheryl. I was getting frustrated at first wondering how people save 80%, but then I realize it's not all the time, everywhere. It's most of the time. Either way, I'm having fun and seeing if I can beat myself and I love the savings. It's a fun new hobby that has good benefits!
I wish we still lived closer too. Those walks were a lot of fun! And Michael got me a cake decorating class for Christmas I still haven't done because I don't have my buddy with me!