Memorial Day

This Memorial Day weekend I'm feeling grateful for living in this country. It's not without it's flaws, but I am certainly proud to be an American and appreciative of all the people that fought so hard (and are fighting) to make this country as awesome as it is. I was watching the Oprah channel and saw a bit of her story. I had no idea where she came from. I can't believe that not so many years ago, this country (especially the south) was so far from the way it is now. I love how in this country, you have every opportunity just about everybody else does, as long as you're willing to work hard. Anyone can work hard in high school to get scholarships and loans for college. Anyone can work hard and make it to be whatever they want to be. It may be easier for some than for others, and it may take more time for some than for others, but it's possible. Anything is possible. Thank you to those who died to make this country great and thank you Lord for opportunities - may I use them to Your glory.

Comments