Thursday

Today was a pretty normal day for us. We got up early for soccer from 9 to 10. Kara's class had 7 kids, which felt like a lot, especially considering ALL BUT ONE boy did not listen to the coach at all. Kara spent half the time waiting around patiently while the coach reigned in the non-listeners. That's annoying to me. Anyway, Kara didn't care, so I guess I shouldn't either.

After that, we added some hats and scarves to our already bundled up winter coats and went for a long walk to the playground (the one furthest from our house - about a mile and a half). In the sun it was kind of warm, and the fresh air and sunshine was good for both of us.

Then we ate lunch while we watched Nickelodeon until nap time. A S-H-O-R-T 50 minutes later, Kara was awake and I decided to keep her with me so Michael could rest (he came home early, around 2:30 since he's getting a cold), so I did a bunch of cleaning stuff she likes to do with me. Vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, sweeping, etc.

Then we went to Chevys for dinner. (Back when Michael and I were first married, he was still in school past when I graduated since he's younger than me. Since he worked full time, he had a lot of weekend classes, including Friday and Saturday night. So, Thursdays became our date nights and they kind of stuck. Now we bring Kara with us and still go out. It's nice because the restaurants aren't as crowded as they are on the weekends.)

Then Kara and I had early baths and watched The Little Mermaid while Michael went to his monthly Fishing Club meeting. Now it's 10:15 and I'm waiting for Michael to get home so I'm on here.

You know, it's just a normal day!

Comments

Vicky said…
The song, Just Another Day, kept ringing in my ears! Sounds like it was productive day! Hate to hear that Michael is taking a cold! Hope he is feeling OK! Love y'all!
jessicaday said…
Michael just seems to be feeling worse and worse. This is a rough one. And now Kara has it. Hopefully this Saturday will be restful and hopefully I will not get it too!!! I have been cleaning a lot so if I do have to lay around for three days straight, that's fine.