My Mom is Here. Life is Good.

My mom is here and I can't tell you how perfect the timing is.  I unpacked well over 100 boxes by myself this week, and it was a blast, but I ran out of steam.  Enter:  my mom.  She is sweet and fresh faced and loves some hard work and the rewards of it.  She unpacked all the rest of my boxes with me!  I can't tell you how great this place is looking.

Of course, we have our old furniture in here.

And our old decorations.

And I would love to spend 2 weeks scrubbing it.

And the contractors STILL aren't finished.

But after mom my leaves tomorrow, I plan to get some pictures up here for you.  :-)

In the mean time, we have enjoyed having my mom here so much.  I never get enough of her.  We have played a bunch of monopoly, enjoyed watching the moon rise over the mountain every night, and ate dinner every night on the back porch while listening to the birds and crickets.  It's basically perfect.


We all got to play with Michael's new mower.


Getting the house mostly unpacked was rewarding, but looking around now with EVERYTHING unpacked (something that hasn't happened for a year) is amazing.

Thanks, mom.  :-)

Comments