The Cabinetry Has Landed

I had to meet the appraiser at the house today at 1:00, so I asked/made Kara and Michael come with me.  I was happy to see part of the driveway is done and....drumroll please....a bunch of the cabinetry is there!  Not the drawers that go inside, but the finished frames.  YES.  Let's order counters!

You can see where they laid out
where the driveway is going.





They were so bored they shared the scooter.  That concrete
driveway by the house is PRIME scooter/bike area.
Especially with the open garage doors.



I have to save this for bribery later.




Looking into the mudroom.

Looking into the mudroom.
Dangling cord goes to future
security system.

Powder room has cabinetry!

So does the laundry room!

Michael's closet is fully painted and
DONE.  All we need is carpet.

My closet is fully painted too.

I'm literally dreaming of this closet.

My bathroom linen closet is fully
painted too!

Yay for cabinetry in my bathroom!

More in my bathroom

More in my bathroom.

Peek a boo.  Hi marble.

*sigh*  Be still my heart!

My room.  Unfortunately Michael
and Kara both don't like that light.
Fortunately, they aren't making me
change it.

Shoe molding done.

See?

Shelves outside our bedroom door.

Door to Michael's bathroom.
I love these doors.

Michael's cabinetry is in there!

His shower is so nice and masculine.

Here's the front of his bathroom
cabinetry.  It's on it's side.  It will
have drawers and doors.

I still love those beams on the ceiling.
Hi appliances!

Michael's office.

Look at this!  Appliances, cabinetry frames, ....

... tubs, faucets, and toilets.  Oh my!

LOOK at that screened in porch.
Next on the list - screen it in.

THIS is my future kitchen.  I am so in love with the fact
that it's all coming together.



The last of the kitchen ones that are done now.
These are uppers.

Uncovered patio.

Homeschool room looking into the guest bedroom.
This is the house of double doors.  All it needs is carpet.

Kara's room.  You can see some of
her bathroom cabinetry here.

Front porch.  *sigh*  It's huge!

Anyone know where to buy good rocking chairs?
P.S.  Michael is saying, are you done yet?!
I am very, VERY encouraged that the cabinetry is coming in now.  I asked Chris (who knew he would be there?) how he felt about the mid-May timeline.  He said he is still shooting for May 1st.  Well, that would be awesome!  And, I am the opposite of a procrastinator, so I have a ton of packing done.  You KNOW I have a spreadsheet for my boxes so I know that I have 95 done and about 30 to go.  I can pack 30 boxes in 3 days.  No biggie.

Meanwhile, I am thrilled my parents are coming soon, even though the house isn't quite done yet.  We will have a blast!

Comments

Vicky said…
I can't wait to be able to come and see you all! Miss you all!
jeday0323 said…
We can't wait for you to come too! I can't believe we have been here this long and you still haven't been able to make it!
Vicky said…
mostly due to church and Tim's health issues. This, too, shall pass (I'm hoping!)!
jeday0323 said…
I can't wait to hear what the radiation did for his chest tumors.