Little Updates - the Calm Before the Storm

I ran by the house today to show the movers where we are going so they could plan accordingly.  I was shocked to see no one was there!  I asked Chris what was up and he and Bert drove over to meet with me.  It turns out the cabinetry and counters that were supposed to come today are coming tomorrow.  Since the plumbers are coming tomorrow and now it needs to move back another day, Chris told me he has no problem sending the plumbers bill to the cabinetry and countertop guys!  Anyway, the move in date is Saturday, May 14th.  I'm ready!

How about some pictures to see what's going on:

Our wall sconces are up by our bed.  The white shade will
be for general light, and the little arm is a spot light
for reading.  I hope these are awesome since they
were pricey.

Kara's (and Mom's) washer and dryer
are unpacked, stacked, and ready to
be hooked up.

Fancy drawer for detergent.  Gotta learn
how to use these new fangled contraptions.

Dryer!  I bet it won't take 2 hours to dry
a load in this dryer like it does here
in the rental house.  :-(

Screened in porch posts are white.



Hey, that's mine!  Half in the box still.

Whew!  Stuff is everywhere.

Appliances, cabinetry, etc.  Like one big puzzle to put
together.  I don't know about you, but that sounds like
fun to me!

Peek a boo!  Here's my other one.



 
Michael's light is up.

I got the same one for the powder room.

Guest bedroom, which will match Kara's.  She picked
them out all by herself.  Doesn't she have good taste?

Kara's isn't up yet.  I took this picture to remind myself
to get her second sconce.  I just ordered it off Lowes.com

Pieces for me to remember what pieces we need
for the laundry room hanging bar.

Silver or white....

I have pink eye again.
I think it's allergies.
I'm also working on a project for this wall in the guest bedroom:

This is an old picture - more has been
done now.

I want that wall there on the right to be full of hooks for towels, jackets, beach towels, etc for my guests.  When the Days are here and there are A LOT of people, I want plenty of room.  Maybe I should do another row underneath for the kids' stuff....

Okay, I'm off to work on those projects and do some baking for church tonight.

Comments

Vicky said…
Maybe you need wall to wall bunk beds for all the Days! :D
jeday0323 said…
I certainly thought about it! I was going to do murphy beds, but they are so expensive. I'm just glad we have all the space we do have! I can't wait for everyone to be ready to plan their trip down here.