Mixing Metals

I'm starting to think about picking out exactly what I'm going to want for the finishes in my house so that when it comes time for the contractors to ask, I already know and had plenty of time to think about it and decide I like it.  I don't want to make such costly decisions on a whim and have regrets later.

Here's the thing, I have zeroed in on mostly what I want:
Kitchen:
 * white cabinets
 * shaker style cabinets
 * maybe craftsman style faucets and drawer pulls
 * hardwood floors
 * hidden vent hood
 * exact same appliances I used in Maryland kitchen
 * light counter tops
 * under cabinet lights
 * pendants over island
 * recessed lighting everywhere

This is my inspiration picture I am going to mimic:

Click here to see where I got this from and look at more
pictures of their beautiful craftsman home.

Bathrooms:
Much of the same - except tile that looks like hardwood.
And my bathroom gets marble.

So, this is what I had been stuck on for the last few days: Can I put those clean, light chrome faucets and drawer pulls in my kitchen and bathrooms if my door handles are oil rubbed bronze?

I was wondering if mixing the metals would totally ruin my house.  A bit over dramatic?  Yes.  The oil rubbed bronze had already been decided on, so I was wondering if I should return those and get silver.  Should I do oil rubbed bronze on one side and silver on the other side?  Should I put oil rubbed bronze drawer pulls and faucets all over?

After asking everyone I know, then researching the internet, I'm going to go for it.  Chrome in the kitchen is fine to mix with oil rubbed bronze.  The internet compares it to mixing jewelry these days.  Not the faux pas it used to be.  They say it makes the house more interesting to mix and match - assuming I can tie them together nicely.  I'm up for the challenge!

Look at this pretty bathroom:

Click here for where this image came from

Hold the phone!  That gorgeous bathroom has different faucets than drawer pulls!  Okay, I'm going to have to think on this some more.

:-)

Comments

Vicky said…
BEAUTIFUL! is what I say! :D
jeday0323 said…
Thank you, Mom! You are the sweetest encourager. <3