Awesome Day

School Update:  I told Kara about having her do Science on her own so I can grade it, and she was cool with that.  Also, she is still doing great with Math.  I'm so proud of her.

Yesterday (Wednesday) was one of the best days I've had in a while.  It started out rough since I had to wake up early and was up for 2 hours the night before because of the crazy wind.  But the day quickly turned fabulous and stayed that way.

I met Bert and Chris at the house with the tiler.  At least 15-20 guys were there finishing up / cleaning up the drywall, so that hum of activity was going on all around us.  It just excited me more.  Everyone was so nice to me too.  Anyway, we went through the house and talked about what the plan was for tile in each bathroom.  Such a blast.  Then they said they may want to order the tile soon so they can get right to work when it comes in, and since I'll be in Maryland the week of Thanksgiving, maybe I should go soon.  Since the windy night turned into a rainy day, I decided to go right then.

I swung by the house, picked up Kara, brought her school in the car, and headed out for the tile store in Huntsville.  We got Chick Fil A on the way and tried not to drown in the down pour.  By the time we got to the mountains in Huntsville, we were so impressed to see waterfalls coming down those mountains because of the crazy rain.  Meanwhile, the tiler said he called ahead and the sales associate was expecting me and she would help me with anything I need.

We made it to the store and I walked in the amazing showroom to find Betty, who helped me pick out exactly what I wanted.  I already had pretty specific ideas, so it was just a matter of looking through her fabulous options.  I'm telling you, this showroom made Lowes and their options look like a thrift store - it was like one of those places on HGTV.  I want to work there so badly.

This is what we picked for Michael's
bathroom (and the tiles on his shower
wall will go on the floors in the laundry
rooms.)

This is what I picked for the guest bathroom.

That marble is for my bathroom, and
I picked the flooring on the left.
Ceramic that looks like wood!

This is the color marble I picked - not this
shape, though.  The browns in there are
subtle, and will look great with the floors.

So, I simply picked out what I liked, she wrote it all down for me, then she will work with my tiler (who did all the measuring) to order what I need.  Assuming I can afford what I picked out, all I have to do is write the check.  That's way too much fun.  I told Bert, I am going to miss being the boss!  I'm going to call them up 6 months after they're done with the house just so they can come over and be bossed around. lol.

Kara and I had to go pick up some batteries for the smoke detector on the way home, so I decided to go to a Target.  My favorite.  I would have loved to look around for hours, but Kara and I got the batteries, got her some books, and headed home.  (This Target was in a shopping center that has a Lane Bryant, a Catherines, AND a Dress Barn in it.  Those are all the fat girl clothing stores I love!!  I NEED to go back.  Maybe my mom will go shopping there with me one day.)

On the way home, I got a phone call that the first window is ready with a quick mock up of trim for me to approve.  Kara did SO WELL behaving herself even though she was bored, she made the day so much fun for me.  I was so proud of her.  So, just this one more stop, then we could head home.

I know it's hard to see, but I LOVE it!
If you click on it, it might be easier to see.
Now we can head home.  Except, I locked my keys in the car!  Oops!  So, Michael had to drive across town to unlock my doors for me.  Poor guy.

By the time we got home, it was time to think about dinner, then head to church.

At church, I ran into the Connections Pastor who told me a second time that he wants me to teach a class.  While I'm totally open to it, I need to pray about it.  So, then today (Thursday) I picked up the materials and looked through it.  It looks easy enough - it's based on videos and the class is encouraged to share as much as possible.  I wouldn't teach really, just facilitate.  I'll probably do it - they will just have to figure out what to do since I travel so much.

Fortunately the weather was beautiful today, so Kara got to have a great horse riding lesson.

Now I'm just finishing dinner and looking forward to relaxing with tv.  :-)

Comments

Vicky said…
What an exciting day for you with the progress on the house! LOVE the shape of the tile going into the guest bath! LOVE the marbled tile colors for yours and love Michael's, too! How are the stones going to work? AND I'll be glad to go shopping with you, too, even though I probably won't buy anything! :D
jeday0323 said…
Thank you so much! I'm so glad you like your guest tile. <3

Michael's pebbles will be sliced into flat tiles and will go on his shower floor. The glass tiles will be a stripe across the top like in our old house. Don't the colors look amazing together? Pretty, yet masculine. The wood tile will go on the floor.

I didn't know you liked shopping!! I don't think I've gone with you a single time before!! This opens up a whole new world of possibilities for me....
Vicky said…
LOL! I don't mind shopping at all! Our thrifting together is fine on Thursdays, but I cannot do clothing shopping with Tim! I don't do much because we cannot afford to buy much extra, but I love to go, especially with other women! Just did that with a couple of the new ladies that have made professions of faith recently in our church! We ate lunch out and had a blast! It was thrift store shopping, too, which I love! I did find a nice jacket that I needed, too! But other than lunch, I didn't buy another thing! :D
Vicky said…
AND, my favorite shopping are the dollar bins in the various stores, and the clearance racks! Never know when you might find something hidden in there! :D
jeday0323 said…
Well, we will TOTALLY have to do that when you visit next time!