House stuff and non-house stuff

I spent the last few days doing fun house stuff along with fun non-house stuff.

Wednesday Bert took me around to other houses they are building so I could look at their interior doors and trim and see what I want.  I got to spend that hour talking about my house and planning for the next phase.

Then I met my first friend for lunch in town and we window shopped in town after.  So much fun.  Look what I found while shopping:  windows!  I'll keep that in mind while I'm decorating the house.


Then Kara and I went to the new house to play in the woods.  First, I ran into the painters who were finishing up the white trim.  They said they were doing the brown the next day and I asked to see a sample first.  They said sure, they'd text me when it was ready.

Our rental house neighborhood.

Driving up the mountain is SO beautiful.

Outlets are coming soon!

It's spider season.

Painters doing the white trim.

This is where the grill is going to go.
The gas line is in!

See it?  It's green.

White trim is done!
Our view.  The camera didn't capture the amazing colors!
Kara is loving the new giant dirt pile!

I mean, this is stunning.

The dirt pile came from here.  Time
to run the gas and electric from the
green box into the house!

Michael's boat garage all decked
out in white trim.




Michael's stone is done around his boat garage.

Apparently it's lady bug season too.







Click on this picture.  I love the way
the vine has little roots all the way
up the tree.  Then the vine has moss
growing on it.  A plant on a plant on
a plant.  Cool.



Look at all that mud.

Then Kara and I went to church.

Thursday I met the painters for the sample along with Bert, Chris, and Bert's wife, Katie.  When I got there, I was excited to see the brown, until I realized how much it clashed with the stone!  So, we asked them to get a few more samples for us.  Katie described it best when she said the first sample looked like milk chocolate and we needed dark chocolate.  They did the dark brown sample, which looks much better!  See?




We talked about trim and I had no idea there were so many craftsman style trim options.  I haven't decided 100% what I want to do, so they are going to take me to more houses so I can see the options installed and pick what I want.

Then I picked Kara up for horse lessons.  She used a bareback saddle pad, which was fun.  Kara had to use all her muscles to control the horse - especially her core and legs.  Yay!  Ms. Lisa had her doing exercises on the horse to warm up, then Kara rode the horse with no reins or stirrups, just her legs and how she leaned.  Amazing.


This exercise was hilarious!  Kara
understood what Ms. Lisa was teaching
her though and did a great job because
of it.


Then we swung by the house to see what the paint looked like dry.  Yep, it's right.  And it brings out the "wood" grain.


Kara built a throne with a cup holder
in the sand pile.  lol.

We have lots of mud, man.  Another
load of gravel (or two) is coming!
Then I swung by the store on the way home and started looking at floors.  Kara was with me so I just did a quick walk through.  I'll go again when I have time to ask a guy working there to help me.  So far, I like this one the best:


Then Bert asked if I would send him some pictures/ideas for what cabinets I want so I worked on that too.  Yay!  I cannot wait for cabinets.

It's been a great week!

Comments

Vicky said…
I just love the stone! It is absolutely beautiful! Tell Bert he has my approval, lol! :-)
jeday0323 said…
Thank you, me too! I'm glad you like it because that's the stone that's going on the giant fireplace in the family room. :-) It's certainly going to make a statement!

I'll tell him! lol. He loves it too. I love the way they install it. Did you know they hand chip away every single stone? It has taken a crew of at least 5 people several months, every day, sometimes weekends. Whoa. Not quite done with the exterior yet and they haven't started the fireplace.
Vicky said…
WOW! I figured for the stone to be so "perfect" that they must be doing some chipping! A labor of love! It would have to be! Just shows the credibility of the crew and Bert! :D Only the best for their customers! Love it!