Menu

Today I worked ALL DAY on food for this weekend.  These friends are my #1 fans of my cooking, so I always bring my A game for them.

Kara's school today was home economics.  She learned:

The Food Processor


How to chop with a knife

Here's my menu:
Friday (they arrive around 9pm):
cinnamon rolls
breakfast potato bites

Saturday:
Breakfast:  last night's snacks
Lunch:  Pam's meatloaf burgers (already made and in the freezer)
cheesy hash brown bake
Football game:  veggie platter
my sister in law Jessica's cheeseball
gooey cookies & cream bars
Dinner:  reheating any of that

Sunday:
Breakfast:  same as Saturday
Lunch:  Seth's favorite:  Shepherd's pie

I linked all of those to the recipes I used.  I did tweak these:
I added way more seasoning and lots of bacon to the breakfast bites.
And I make my shepherd's pie with bacon and mushrooms.

So, yesterday I boiled and shredded the potatoes.  I also got the cinnamon rolls dough going and put it in the fridge overnight.

This morning I made the shepherd's pie.

Then I got Kara to help me with the shredding of the cheese for the bites and casserole.  She learned the food processor and did great.  She also cracked all 6 eggs for me for the bites.  She also cut the green onions and meat for the cheeseball.  Good for her!

We took a little break (while I cleaned the kitchen and she worked on laundry), then started with the cinnamon rolls.  Seriously, she was the best helper ever during those rolls.  She got the pans buttered and ready for me, she floured the counter top for me, she was awesome.



So helpful

Those rolls rose for 30 minutes before they went in the oven.


Even though she hates being in the kitchen, she did great and I hope she learned something!

Comments

Vicky said…
Everything sounds yummy! GREAT job, Kara!
I know you will have a GREAT weekend!