Monday, 11/16








We had a great weekend with our friends.  The cinnamon rolls were really good, but VERY rich.  They actually had WAY too much butter in them.  I plan to start making these regularly and tweak the recipe.  The cheesy hash brown potatoes were amazing.  Considering cheddar cheese is good for you and there is only half a stick of butter in the whole thing, they aren't too bad for you, but are just as good as Jessica's are!

Anyway, today I spent the whole day cleaning the house after the fun weekend, which was actually nice.  I made two gallons of sweet tea because their kids drank two gallons while they were here.  Then I cleaned the floors in the whole house.  Then I changed the sheets on our beds and did 4 loads of laundry.  I also went to the grocery store and dropped off cinnamon rolls to the house workers.  Whew!  Back to real life.  :-)

Kara and I will be in Maryland the week of Thanksgiving, so I had to stock up on a bunch of freezer food for Michael while he's home.  That consists of chicken tenders and fries, lasagnas and garlic bread, pizzas, and fish with tarter sauce.  Yum.  lol.  Add pop tarts to that menu and he's all set for preservative city!  Ugh.  I WISH he would let me make him a bunch of homemade meals to reheat, but he would prefer this.

Then we went out to dinner tonight since it's our anniversary.  13 years ago I married Michael - I KNEW it was right.  Michael is the answer to all my prayers.  He is exactly perfect for me.  He drives me crazy.  He isn't easy to live with.  He can be difficult.  But here's the thing, me too.  I'm learning that marriage is the opposite of dating.  Dating is story book romantic, but it isn't real.  Marriage is real life romantic.  It's practical.  It's honest.  It's real.  Marriage is ups and downs.  And sticking it out through both.  Marriage is deciding to love, deciding to stay, when your emotions don't feel like it.  And being so grateful that he is doing the same thing.  The comfort and security of being married is actually wonderful.  If there is ever a bad day, a bad evening, a bad vacation, there will always be another one.  He'll always be there.  I love knowing he'll always be there.

Well, I don't know how to end this, so I'll end it on that note.  Happy anniversary to us.  :-)




Comments

Vicky said…
THAT's the formula.....commitment.....AND God as the center! You have now been married 1/3 of the years Tim and I have been married!
jeday0323 said…
Yes, that goes without saying. I remember being young and newly married and hearing about the triangle of marriage. You know, if I keep my focus on God, and Michael keeps his focus on God, we are not only both looking up, but walking toward each other, like two edges of a triangle walking toward the third angle. I get it now.

13 years doesn't sound like much, but then again it does. Many marriages don't make it this far. I wish I could take credit, but it's all God! lol.
Vicky said…
AMEN to that! It's ALL of God!