Sunday with the Days

Sunday the girls woke us up early at 7:45.  Aw, man!  We were all showered and half packed from the night before and we could have slept until 9.  Bummer.  Well, it was more time for cartoons, hotel breakfast, and giggles.  Meanwhile, I knew I needed a new pillow at home because the one from the hotel was a beautiful cloud straight from heaven.

We got to Michael's parents church in plenty of time to say hello to everyone.  People probably know us the least, but they always treat us like family.  They had been told about our move to Alabama and were sweet to Kara.  It felt so nice.  What sweet, kind people.

We enjoyed Sunday School, then a great sermon by Tim.  I love hearing him preach.  He has a way of making a sermon interesting, applicable to life, weighty, yet simplified.  I always learn something when I listen to his messages.  Praise God for speaking through him.

When church was done, we went back to Tim and Vicky's house for my lasagnas, which I thought were terrible!  They are a lot of work (but a labor of love!), so I can't save them until the last minute.  Since it's so hot, I thought it would be best to travel with them frozen, which worked out well.  Until I ate them on Sunday - the sauce was just about completely absorbed into the pasta, which made it very dry.  Then the luscious ricotta cheese was a strange spongy consistency.  All the hand shredded mozzarella was weird and stringy.  I was so disappointed, but I'm working on not being so hard on myself, so I tried not to say anything out loud.  Wouldn't you know everyone ate every bite like there was nothing wrong.  Ah, I love these people.

Sleepy boy

Time for everyone to chill on their electronics.









Kara and Hannah went to be doctors to this little doggy.  They covered his eyes since he was in surgery.





Abby found Papaw.




Grandma found a baby to rock.




Boys were wrestling.


 


Good family time!

Then it was time to load up our cars, but before we said goodbye, we had to take group pictures.  Liz set her camera on a tripod and I just kept snapping away.



Jessica said, "hurry before Michael's head burns!"










I love these people.  And the one in
the front on the right is my favorite.


Now it's time for the grandkids.





























I love these kids!  That pretty one on the left
got to come home with us.  She's pretty fabulous.

And now the original 6.








I feel like the caption should be,
"all because two people fell in love."

I napped a bit for the first hour while Michael drove, then he said he was too tired to drive any more and I drove the rest of the way home.  I went home 40 to 85 to 95 to 301 and I was thrilled to see the traffic wasn't any heavier than normal.  Thank goodness!  I heard Monday was much worse.  Whew.  Good timing for us.

We had a great drive home and by 8:30 we were pulling into the driveway.  Being so full from the weekend, we snacked in the car and that saved on stops.  Also, Michael's truck has a 36 gallon tank, so we didn't need gas.  Sweet!

Time to unpack and do a bit of laundry so we can see MY family tomorrow.

Thank you Liz and Vicky for hosting and thank you everyone for such a great visit!!!

Comments