Quick Alabama Update

Before I post about the great weekend we had with Michael's family (probably tomorrow), I wanted to check in and let you know what's going on with Alabama.

Friday Michael had his interview with the dream work-from-home job.  It's funny - several of my friends have said, "Ugh.  You don't want him all the time, do you?"  But, the truth is, with Michael being an introvert, he comes home from work absolutely SPENT.  Honestly, he usually has 1 word left in his word bank for the day left for me and it's "fine" after I ask how his day was.  :-)  Work-from-home Michael will save all his words for ME.  Yes, that's a selfish way of looking at it, but I only got to that point after I appreciated how happy it would make HIM to be home!

Anyway, he hopes to hear back later this week to see if he got the job, then what the plan is.  Best/fastest case scenario:
 * hear from them Tuesday - they say to put his notice in asap so he can start in 3 weeks (3 weeks notice, not 2 because he already has a business trip planned during that time)
 * call realtor to ask what we need to get fixed to put the house on the market
 * fix it
 * Michael starts his job the end of June
 * we put the house on the market that day
 * house sells asap
 * we move to Alabama (into a rental home) by Sept 1
That would be fast, but anything is possible!

Also, I got a great text Friday from Bert about the house:

"We had good weather and got the footings dug and rebar installed and the engineer approved the work today. We will be pouring concrete for the footings on Tuesday!!!!  We would pour tomorrow [Saturday] but the concrete company closed tomorrow [Saturday] and Monday . The guys want to work after missing so much time this spring."

When I told him how impressed I was with how little the rain affects us at this point, he said, "We cooking now!!"  

Wahooooooo!!!!!

Comments