Valentine's Day

With Michael out of town,


I am home alone.  Normally it's not a big deal - Kara and I have mommy daughter time and have a blast.  (Earlier this week you saw we did some fun things - Science Center with my mom, bouncy house with a friend, etc.)  But, Maryland decided to flip out and pretend like it's Massachusetts.  We got an insane amount of snow.  Honestly, I would have LOVED to just stay home, keep the doors closed, and relaxed with Kara.  Except, I'm dog sitting for a friend.  Every day, all day (has it really only been 2 days?!) has been spent trying to be able to get to them twice a day for food and potty.  It has been some of the worst few days I've had in a long time.  And zero relaxing while Michael was gone has happened.  And not nearly enough time with Kara has happened.  Zero forts were built.  :-(  They're calling for 1-3 more inches tomorrow.

I want my mommy.

Meanwhile, there has been something awesome going on amidst my weekend from hell.

My dad is building me shelves!   If you know me well, you know I LOVE shelves.  It's the only way to have all your stuff organized beautifully.  My unfinished space in my basement got cleared out, then my dad came in with his tools, and....





.....ta-da!  I have gorgeous shelves!  They are so sturdy and so strong, if a tornado comes, I'm holding on to these babies.

I am a happy lady.

As soon as my dear hubby comes home, I'm violently throwing shoveling duties back to him, I'm spending a few days in the fetal position recovering, then I'm going to play with my new shelves.  I have many closets I'd love to de-clutter by storing things downstairs.  I'll show you what they look like when I'm done filling them up.

Yay!  Thank you, Dad!!!!

Comments