A Taste of Spring

Today may be February 22nd, but it feels like May.  Maryland is known for having random days like this in January, but this year January barely made it above freezing.  I'll take it today though!

The sun is shining.



The windows are open.


The neighbor across the cul-de-sac is washing all 5 of his cars, like he does every Saturday.

I'm watching food network with Kara.

Life is feeling pretty good.

Guess what I heard this morning?  Morning doves!  They love living in the trees in our backyard and I'm so happy to hear from them today.


I also watched a few little birds (sorry, I don't know much about birds!) checking out my tree in my front yard.  I'm assuming they were contacting their realtors to see how much it would cost to purchase the spot for the year as a home.  My advice:  location, location, location.  I'm thinking since there were several out there, we may have a bidding war on our hands!


Horse lessons are canceled today due to the fact that the entire farm is one giant mud pit.  I have a week's worth of meals to make my sister, and that is going to be my day.  Oh, since you asked, here is what's on the menu:
lasagna rolls
meatballs in sauce (for spaghetti or subs)
chicken broccoli rice casserole
crock pot mongolian beef
crock pot beef tips and gravy
mexican lasagna

Ahhhhh......

I need about 3 more weeks of this, please.

Comments