One of those days

Boy, oh boy am I ready for a vacation.  It was one of those days.

I woke up to more snow.
Michael's truck was having problems, so he took my car to work.  I needed a ride to take care of those doggies.  Fortunately, my mom was available....again.  (She is the best!)
On the way to the doggies' house, she gets pulled over.  (No ticket needed, just a warning for one tail light being out.)
I walk the rest of the way in the snow to the house to let the dogs out.
I arrive to find they have pooped all over the floor.
I come home to start trying to figure out what's up with Michael's truck.
Texts and phone calls to my brother, who is a mechanic, and he says it shouldn't be leaking oil, shouldn't be burning oil, he explains how to coast in neutral down the hill to try to get it started a different way.
Spent time working on that and trying to figure out how to get the hood open.  Like, an embarrassing amount of time.
Finally found the dipstick and can't reach it.

Are we having fun yet?

Checked the oil, it is low.  Great, something is wrong.
Call Ford to set up an appointment, which they don't do - it's first come, first serve.
Friend arrives to start cleaning my house.  (YES!  This was the best idea EVER.)
Contractor arrives to start demo on the first bathroom.
Questions, questions, questions.
Gotta get the oil changed, gotta get out the door.
The truck needs gas.
Get the truck settled at Ford and they all look at me and talk to me like I'm an I.D.I.O.T.  Apparently you are supposed to get the oil changed every 5,000 miles.  My new Chevy went 6,500 miles before it sent me an email to get the oil changed.  Michael put about 3,000 miles on his truck with his trip to Florida, so we are absolutely over 5,000.
Mom takes me to Target to kill time while the car gets worked on (have I mentioned she's the best?), where I eat lunch.  No wonder I'm hungry, it's 2:30!
Time to pick up the truck.  Once again I'm a moron, it was more than 5,000 miles.
They parked the giant F150 in a place fit for a teeny car and I may or may not have hit a trailer that was in the way.  No scratch on the truck though...
Home to the renovation.  Tile I want is only available via order - it takes a week - I want it tomorrow.
Tax returns stink.  I don't know how to read the form, but it looks like we owe $10,000!!
Need to do emails, texts, phone calls, catch up.
Kara doesn't feel well.  Is it a headache?  Get the bucket just in case.

I put frozen lasagnas in the oven because that's about all I can handle for dinner.

Michael walks in the door.

Ah.  His handsome face and perfect hug is all I need.

I read the tax returns wrong, we're getting money back after all.

He finds the lost key.

He has work to do, is glad I took care of his truck for him, and lasagna sounds great.

I hope you all have men in your lives that make everything better!

Comments

Kattrina said…
Sorry you had such a bad day. Taking care of those doggies is such a huge responsibility and what a horrible time to have to do it (with all the snow/ice)!

And yes, you have to change the oil every 5,000 miles. Some cars it's every 3,000. It helps the engine run better and if you run out of oil...your engine can explode. That's pretty much the extent of my car knowledge.

Hope today is fantastic!!!
jeday0323 said…
I'm finally done taking care of the dogs. I usually like doing it, but like you said, with the snow and Michael being gone, it was bad timing.

No, that's what I used to think too, Kattrina. All the brand spanking new cars have computers in them that read all sorts of sensors and they measure more than just mileage. My friends say their cars don't need their oil changed for 8,000 miles! And, like I said, mine was fine until 6,500. It's just getting used to these new cars.

Today will be fantastic, and yesterday was too! :-)

I hope your day is awesome too, Kattrina!