Kindred Spirit


I have one friend that is the ultimate best friend. (Excluding family and my wonderful husband of course) she is the one person who knows what I'm thinking, always has my back, but isn't afraid to tell me, um, you may be wrong in this situation, Jessica. Most of you have met Lara - we met at church youth group, kept in touch through college, got married at the same time, had babies at the same time, we're friends with each other's families, parents, etc. She's basically my second sister. Her daughters are my nieces. I even found out this summer that our mother's were due on the same day with us, June 3rd. (She was born early in May and I was born late.) What kind of coincidence is that?
Anyway, we've been friends about 12 years and I would do anything for her. We like to get together one a month, let the girls play and talk the afternoon away. But this winter has been so crazy, and someone is always sick, it's been a while. So we decided since today was yet another day that didn't work to visit (she lives an hour away so we usually make a whole day of it), we had a scheduled phone call instead. The kids were good and we let them make messes of our houses as long as they were quiet and let us talk. We caught up on our marriages, our kids, our lives, our health, just everything. Two hours later we had to go for lunch and nap time. I just love that girl! I hope everyone has a person like that in their lives.

Comments

Vicky said…
I'm glad you have Lara in your life!
Anonymous said…
I DO have a person in my life like that too and I TOTALLY agree!!! Cathy is my Bestest friend ever and we've known eachother forever. Unfortunately she lives about five hours away and we only get to see eachother a couple of times a year!! Sniff, sniff. I'm so happy you have Lara!