Happy Valentine's Day


My mom took Kara all weekend, so Michael and I not only had a Valentine's Day, but a Valentine's Weekend (including Monday since it's President's Day). It was so great! It was so nice to just be a couple again and act like we're dating. We went out to lunch and dinner every day, watched lots of movies at home on our DVR, saw "Valentine's Day" in the theaters (which was really cute), and had a whole lot of quality time talking and laughing. It's fun to see how Michael is still my best friend, 8 years later. We graduated college together, bought several houses together, experienced parenthood together. There have been lots of highs and lots of lows and there will be plenty more of each. No matter what, at the end of the day, Michael is who I want by my side.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
now, I know that pic is not a recent one!! Sun, short sleeves, green grass.....I'm coming to MD!!
jessicaday said…
Yeah right! We haven't seen grass for weeks - the snow is several feet high on top of it! This is a picture from our cruise in July. I just thought it was sweet the way his arm was around me. That doesn't happen very often!!
Kattrina said…
Aww, so sweet Jessica! Glad you had a simple yet romantic weekend. You deserve it!
jessicaday said…
Thanks Kattrina, I do deserve it! Romance is underrated in life. :-) After you get married, romance gets redefined. One of the most romantic things Michael did for me all weekend was take me to WalMart on the way home from church, even though I know he didn't want to. He carried all my heavy bags to the car for me.
Vicky said…
This brought tears to my eyes! Sometimes when we are busy raising the children, we forget to give our spouse the type of pre-marriage, pre-children time they need. And I'm just as guilty, too! Glad you had a great weekend!