Bored

Well, the first few snow days were fun - laid around with Kara and watched cartoons while I goofed off. The next few were interesting - did a tiny bit of shoveling, caught up on snow clothes laundry, and vacuumed. Now I'm just bored. The house is clean....enough. All my favorite movies have been watched. The DVR is cleared out. All the bills are paid (I'm spending a lot of time on the computer).
I am so grateful we have such a wonderful, warm home. I can't imagine what it's like to not have power or even not have a house! Lord, please be with those who are without.
At least I'm stuck in the house with my two favorite people - my sweet baby girl and my awesome husband. I would have thought all this time in close quarters would have us fighting, but it's kind of the opposite. We feel like we're getting through this together. No makeup, not doing my hair, and sitting around in pjs has been very fun, but I'm starting to feel like a slug. :-) But Kara and Michael seem to like it. Kara goes back and forth between cartoons and toys upstairs with me, and playing monster and watching Spongebob with Michael downstairs. She's not doing a whole lot, so I've been letting her skip naps. That means she's asleep by 7:30. Very nice!
It's really scary out there - the wind it causing this snowstorm to be a "blizzard" and "whiteout", as weather.com says. Again, praise the Lord for our beautiful, warm home. And praise the Lord for Michael's awesome job - he has tons of leave so while he's home with Kara and I, he's still getting paid.

Comments