Kara's Day

Kara has been so good lately - going wherever I need and doing whatever I need. So, I decided my sweet three year old needed a day to do what SHE wanted. We spent the morning at my parents house - and it was GREAT! She and I both relaxed, got good food, and now it's nap time! Gotta love it! I think when she wakes up, we'll play with her new Bendaroos and have french toast for dinner. :-)
By the way, I'm getting a new kitchen next summer, and this is the cabinet/counter top combination I like. I'm not sure what floor I want though. (Any suggestions? I don't want hardwood and I think I don't want vinyl or linoleum or whatever I already have. I think I want ceramic tile.) I think I've also decided on white appliances. I plan to have red accents in that kitchen because I have red and green in my family room (the second picture).



Comments

Elisabeth said…
If you don't like hardwoods then tile would be your best bet, especially if you don't plan to stay there forever (do you?). I have heard that granite countertops are not the best because they crack very easy and are kinda porous and absorb things (I can't really remember what I heard, I may have made that last part up!). There is supposed to something out there that is a lot like granite but better. I can't recall the name but it might be worth it to look into that.
jessicaday said…
I think you're right about the tile. I just hate grout because it always looks dirty - maybe I'll get dark grout, not white.
Hmmmm, we've had Corian countertops before and they were AWESOME, but I think they're a little expensive. I'll have to look into what is a happy medium price-wise. But I do like that light brown color, and the speckled look.
Vicky said…
The picture of the kitchen you want is beautiful! I like it! Can't help you on the other stuff.
Give Kara kisses and hugs from grandma and grandpa Day!
Anonymous said…
My parents re-did their kitchen and the countertop is Silas stone(spelling? not sure) it looks like granite, but is much more durable. Not sure about the price though, you'll have check that out.