Fun Visit From Mom

Last week my mom snuck up here for a quick trip.  (Thanks Dad for knowing how much I needed that!)  I picked her up from the airport Tuesday and dropped her off Friday.  It was so short Friday night at dinner time, Michael was very concerned and asked me, "Where's your mom?!"  lol.  But it was so nice to have her here.  Because it was just a few days, I was able to drop just about everything and just focus on her.  It was great!  We shopped when we wanted to, cooked when we wanted to, watched movies with Kara, and she joined us for our daily Jeopardy games during dinner.  :-)

While looking for more coleus plants at
Lowe's, we saw butterflies all over the
butterfly bush.  Pretty!


We tried a craft to glaze mason jars,
which totally didn't work, but we had fun.

After the rain, the insanely hazy humidity cleared and our view is super colorful again.


My cute girl making the coleus look
even prettier.

This week I am trying something new.  I did most of my church work on Sunday so I can spend more time with Kara during school.  You know me - always changing it up!  I think it's the inner perfectionist.  I like to do things multiple ways so I can decide on the perfect way.  Anyway, I have some things up my sleeve for school this week.  Stay tuned.

We voted in a new youth pastor at church today.  Very exciting stuff.  Just in time - next week the kids promote up - so early because the first day of public school is August 8 (can you believe how early??) . We, as a youth group and parents, were able to meet him last night at a pool party, which Kara LOVED.  Her buddy, Ava, was there, so they had a blast!  I am so excited to see what God has in store for our church.

Comments