What a Good Weekend

Friday Kara and I did school.  Here she is reading her Science.  Yes, her legs are 9 feet long.



Here she is working on her science
worksheet.  I tried taking notes with her
this year and it hasn't worked very well
so far.  I will try again soon, when I
have the energy.  We will probably take notes
on the computer and print them out.  For now,
she needs some kind of notes to study
from the chapter - and worksheets are doing
the trick.

Here I am with my answer key and
controlling the music for the day.  We are
getting sick of country music, so we
are now listening to music from our
favorite movies.

She was down there studying for the science
test.  (Why do kids NEED to draw in the
carpet with their fingers?  I don't really
care, but it's every time.)

Here she is taking her test.  She missed two
out of 35.  I am so proud of her!  We are
discussing plants and it is so boring to her.
Way to work hard even if you don't
want to, Kara!
Friday after school I went to stop by the church for 30 minutes or so, then head to the grocery store.   3 hours later I finally arrived at the grocery store.  Wow.  Lots to do, and a little drama.  It'll be okay.  (I wasn't dramatic, I was consoling.)  After the grocery store I finally got home after 5.  By the time I put the groceries away it was time for Kara to get ready for horse lessons at 6.  Wait, did you notice there was no time in there for me to make dinner?  I had no energy to make dinner anyway, so Michael and I dropped Kara off and headed to our favorite restaurant in town to eat dinner.  They cook, they do dishes, we each get to eat what we like.  Yes.

It was approximately 950 degrees, so I was wilted from a long day and the heat.  I finished some laundry and called it a day!

Saturday I had the whole day free.  Kara and I decided to have a movie marathon.  While we were watching movies (that I've seen honestly at least 50 times) I worked on beginning my lesson plans for the Bible study I am teaching in the fall.  I wasn't going to get in there and do anything, but I changed my mind.





12 hours later, the movies were long over and I was so tired.  I did about 4 weeks worth of lessons and plans.  6 to go.  (I already did the study before, I just had to reread it and fill in the blanks for a few days that I skipped.)  By the way, it's fun to go through an old Bible study and see how God has worked - he answered so many prayers.  :-)  I like doing that with my blog too.

Here are some pictures of Kara's hair cut.  She looks the same (which was the goal), but her curls were encouraged to do their thing.



Curls - like mother, like daughter.  

Some of you may know that if Michael grew his hair this long, it would be the same color and would have the same curl to it.  At least, I think it would be the same color.  The white (not gray) beard hairs on his chin have multiplied.  ;-)

Now we're up to Sunday.  My new planner came in the mail Saturday (but I didn't take the time to get the mail).  I found my favorite kind of planner at Target one year.  Of course they never carry it there anymore, so I order it from the company's website.  Worth every penny!  I save these - I try to fill them in as much as possible.  I have them all the way back from the first year we started homeschooling.



Sunday at lunch, Kara drew this:
Kara just threw this together while
we were at lunch.  She worked
for about 15 minutes.
Kara's new book, Water's Story, is on it's way to us.  This is a color book (hello expensive!) - she drew the cover, and the picture at the beginning of each chapter.  She is working on several books at once with her best friend, but she finished this side book on her own first.  Most of their books are about a group of characters, which are all animals, how they are grouped together into clans, and how they get along - or don't get along.  Water is the character she loves the most and really has a lot of her own characteristics, as well as characteristics she wishes she had.  So, taking some time to write a special book just about Water's story seems appropriate.  I can't wait to show you when it arrives in the mail.

Comments