Wednesday, July 19

Today Kara and I did school - today was math and Spanish.  We did a whole week's worth of Spanish today, which is why there are only two subjects.  I love homeschooling because it is so flexible!  We can study what works for us each week.

Math first.  We did Mind over Math, which is in each chapter and builds your thinking skills.  Kara thinks these are awesome, so I always make sure we do them.  Today was magic squares.  She understood them before I did.




Then we did Probability and Statistics, which are in each chapter too.


We did Spanish outside so we could hang
out with the kitties.  They said hi for a few
minutes, but it is so hot they didn't stay
long.

Grooming each other....

....quickly turns into play fighting.
I'm so glad we got two cats instead of
just one.

Then I went to the church for just a quick 30 minutes to get some checks to deposit at the bank on the way home.

I have decided on a Bible study for the ladies group this fall.


Not only is this a study that rejuvenates your faith, but I think it will achieve the goal that is weighing on my heart for these ladies:  I want the Word of God to be theirs.  I want them to hug their Bible and adore it like I do.  I want them to see their name in it - God is speaking to them.  I want them to see what I see when I read, "God loves you, God loves you, you are loved, you are beloved, God loves you."  It's overwhelming.  So, we will get in the Word and study.  I just hope the homework doesn't turn them off and they actually WANT to get in the Bible.  That's on them, but I plan to offer it this fall.

Each semester I want to work ahead and finish the whole thing before we even start the study, but every time I do that, I get confused when it's actually the week to teach.  So, I'm going to try to go at their pace.  We may have some new ladies in our class this fall so I'm trying to decide what ice breaker games to do.  I hate ice breaker games.  Maybe we'll just tell a little about ourselves and wear name tags for a few weeks.

My coleuses and sweet potato vines are growing like crazy.  Thank goodness they're hardy.  They'll have to be if they live here with me!




Look at that cute little guy!

Tonight we are having salad with steak on top.  Since Kara got 100% on her Spanish quiz, I am making brownies too.  Kara has horse lessons at 6, and I have given myself permission not to stay this week.  Last time it took 2-3 hrs to feel better after being in the heat.  It took Kara only the ride home. I am still a good mom if I go to 95% of her events instead of 100%.  Sorry, I'm talking to myself in that last sentence, not you.  :-)

Comments

Vicky said…
Your coleus plants are beautiful! Always loved the colors in them!
jeday0323 said…
Thank you! When Tony came for July 4th (Tony is the plant whisperer - you should see his garden), he set these up for me. All I have to do is water them. And the hot July sun does the rest!