Just Rambling, Really

I started writing this post about it being hot, but, duh.

So, let's move on.

I'm learning more and more at church and able to bring more and more home with me.  It's so nice to just have a list of things to do that I can work on from home on my own time.  For example, I needed to reconcile the bank statement for June on Monday.  I really didn't have time to do it in the afternoon because I had to check Kara's school work and get to work on dinner.  Then I had to clean it up and do a few chores.  By the time I was showered and done for the day, it was 9:00.  But, I had from 9-11 free, so I just did it then!  I was done by 10 and it was so great.  I am loving this.

Kara is reading the Twilight series right now.  They are good books and she is loving them.  We use these books to bring up all of the good and bad points I have already said until I'm blue in the face about these books.  She sees a Christian correlation, like I do.  Also, I am editing the books to make them 11 year old appropriate.  The first two books were good to go, the third book needed one and a half chapters removed, and the fourth book took me most of yesterday to rip out.  I hope there is still a story left behind for her, but I really wanted to be thorough.  I'd say she can read the whole book at 16 or so.

We have been pulling out old movies like Napoleon Dynamite and other favorites to watch with Kara.  I look them up on commonsense.org (I highly recommend that website if you want to see if something is appropriate for your child - or yourself!).  It does give spoilers for the book/movie, but it is very particular about what is offensive and what age they think is appropriate.  I use the age as a guideline - some things she is ready for even though it is 13+, other's aren't for her at 9+.  Sometimes we can watch the movie and just skip one scene.  It's working out well.  And Michael has been involved in movie night a lot more.  We tried to all watch Moana together and less than 3 minutes in, they broke out into song and Michael was gone.  Kara and I liked it though!

The kitties went to the vet today for their annual shots.  They were shaking terribly since they were afraid.  And they messed in my car.  The vet said Shiloh at 9.8 lbs is perfectly healthy and Shadow at 12.5 lbs is too!  They are pretty active and playful, and are a larger breed of cats.  They said when Shadow gets to be like 15 lbs, that's when we start changing his food.

Tutoring is going well.  So is home school.

I am praying about what to teach this fall in my ladies class.  I'm pretty sure I want something that is fairly basic and teaches how to study your Bible.  I think some of the ladies know how to, but I'm not so sure about others.  I am looking for a Priscilla Shirer or Beth Moore study on the basics.  I'm not worried about seasoned Bible studiers being bored because every single time you read the Word of God, you learn something, you gain something.  I will continue to pray.

I don't really have a point to this post, I guess.  Just wanted to say what life is like these days.  I'm feeling super busy, but most of the time, that's how I like it.

How is your summer going?

Comments

Vicky said…
I enjoyed your "ramblings" LOL!
I laughed when you said about Moana that Michael left when they broke out into song! :D Why do the guys not like those kinds of movies? :D
I enjoyed your pointless blog points for the night!
Love you!
jeday0323 said…
Thank you for saying that, mom! Usually I start writing blogs like this, then never publish them because I'm just rambling. I'm glad to hear they're worth a post!

Tell me about it. Michael doesn't like any musical at all! He does like cartoons, though. He actually took me to see a cartoon on our first date. When he laughed so hard that night at the cartoon, I knew he was a quality guy - a family guy. :-)