I hate that word

We got the news yesterday that a friend of mine's cyst on his brain is actually a very large tumor and he has brain cancer.  This friend is a young guy - in his early 20s - and he's a good friend of the family.  He is in excellent health, although he smokes.  He has a baby girl, also.  Cancer?  Really?  I just hate hearing that word.  As the people I know who have cancer circle in closer and closer to me, it has me feeling......a lot of things - sad mostly.

Don't get me wrong, I serve an amazing God who can move mountains and has time after time miraculously healed people from cancer.  I have faith.  I believe.  But that doesn't mean I'm not sad.

It makes me feel out of control.  God is in control.  I know this.  His plan is perfect and wonderful and His design is 100% flawless.  I don't doubt that at all.

But that doesn't mean I'm not sad.

Please pray say a special prayer for all the people with cancer today.  And for their families and for the families of those who have lost someone due to cancer.

Comments