Random Things

* During dinner tonight, Michael and Kara watched a scary movie, so I brought my dinner to my room.  I stayed there all evening and ended up in my pjs pretty early.  So, basically I'm saying I am living my best introverted life.

* I am working on a giant history curriculum for Kara for high school.  I am giving myself at least a year to research and prepare.  I have great books and great movies listed in a huge spreadsheet.  I want to preview/pre-read all of them to make sure they are good.  I think this is how Kara will learn history the best.  It's how I do.  (Note:  WWII is the most popular era written about!)

* Going to the library to pick up my first historical fiction book to preview, I also picked out a fun book.  It is really, really good:

It's a fun YA sci-fi/fantasy
dystopian book.  I'm speeding
through it.

* Kara's new chore is doing the dishes.  I gave her the option of helping cook, or continuing with dishes, and she picked dishes.  It is DELIGHTFUL to have someone else in charge of this.  My life will be heaven when Kara does dishes without me having to ask her.

* Michael and Kara are finally well after having yucky colds.  I still got a flu shot today because "Winter is coming."  (Bonus points for knowing this reference.)

* Check out our youtube channel.  We're up to four videos with a fifth recorded and being edited right now.

* Finishing up this school year feels so dumb.  Kara just has Astronomy and Bible History left.  We are finishing Bible History and the final exam essays this week.  And I took away tests and homework from Astronomy - instead I want her reading the books and writing killer essays.  I think that is a better way for her to learn.  (Of course we are still doing math!  Math will always matter and always be serious.  Geometry is going really well!)

* Last night was the last Wednesday for church until January.  I am happy and sad.  As the teacher, I am looking forward to a little break.  But I'm sad because I love the ladies.  I do plan to see them a bit during our break anyway.

* Tomorrow is Friday and I don't plan to leave the house.  Let's bookend this post by saying basically I'm saying I am living my best introverted life.

Comments