Thyroid Update

I had my thyroid tests redone and the results are in:

Several things tested normally, including the biopsy, which means all of this is benign.  Now that we know it isn't scary, we can widen our eyes at these crazy results.

TSH:
Normal:  0.27-4.5
July:  0.20
December:  0.11
(These low numbers show my thyroid is overactive.)

Largest nodule on right thyroid lobe:
July:  2.4 x 1.6 x 1.8 cm
December:  1.5 x 2.6 cm

Largest nodule on left thyroid lobe:
July:  2.3 x 1.7 x 2.4 cm
December:  2.8 cm

Right thyroid lobe:
Normal:  4-6 cm
July:  6.4 cm
December:  2.8 x 2.1 x 6.9 cm

Left thyroid lobe:
Normal:  4-6 cm
July:  6.9 cm
December:  2.7 x 2.4 x 8.9 cm

Since everything has grown so much in the past 5 months, my doctor put me on Methimazole (which tells my overactive thyroid to chill out).  I also have a consultation with a surgeon for January so we can remove this thing.  It's just growing too quickly.  I'm having problems with swallowing, so it's time.

I have a lot of peace about this.  I prayed and prayed and I have felt God's leading through it.  Lord, do what You will with my thyroid!  It's Yours!  :-)

Comments

Vicky said…
Gonna add you back to the church prayer list, sweetie.