Christmas with My Family

After we came home from NC, Monday I worked at church, went grocery shopping, and ran a few errands.

Tuesday was Christmas day!  You may recall I have issues with American Christmas.  I LOVE Jesus and Christian Christmas.  This year I had zero decorations, I mailed zero Christmas cards, I watched one Christmas movie, I bought one Christmas present, and listened to very little Christmas music.  But Christmas came anyway.  I know I'm totally the Grinch.  But this year was so great.  SO.  GREAT.  And my people didn't care either way.  Honestly.

I woke up and made monkey bread.  Yum!  My parents came over and my mom brought a savory breakfast casserole.  We just visited by the fire and enjoyed each other's company.  The one present was for my parents and sister (I haven't given my sister hers yet, so it will remain a mystery for a little while).  After they went home, Kara and I baked Christmas cookies - this was the one thing she cared about for the Christmas season so I made sure it happened.



Well, I baked, and frosted.  She sprinkled.  :-)

When all of that was done and cleaned up, I enjoyed MY mom's Christmas cookies, which was her present to me.  (Best.  Present.  Ever!)


I had a pot roast in the crock pot, so I had the rest of the day open to do what I want.  First I just sat and pet the kitties.  Fresh air is good, quiet is good, pets are therapeutic.


After dinner, I worked on lesson plans for our first week of school for ninth grade.  I am SUPER excited.

Now I am enjoying a few quiet days at home until company comes on Sunday.  I am doing, you guessed it, more lesson plans.  I am also working on church work.  And I'm finishing the book series that Kara and I read this month.  (The Lunar Chronicles - it was VERY good.)

We are watching our way through the Matrix trilogy as a family each night, and Kara and I are cleaning the house in preparation for company.  After traveling, an at-home week is perfect!

Merry Christmas, y'all!

Comments