Why we are taking the seventh week off

Kara and I are taking this week off from school.  For no reason.  And for loads of reasons.

I am constantly researching home school, and I came across a wonderful article on Pinterest:
https://www.simplyconvivial.com/2015/year-round-homeschooling

You may not care about the details of the entire article, but I read every sentence.  It basically explains why after six weeks straight of school (mostly for us year rounders), kids start approaching burnout.  The article explains that a few days off doesn't really give us enough rest and a week is really necessary.  I did a quick prayer while reading it asking God if this is something we should do.

A few days later, I just couldn't get the article out of my head.  I looked back at our schedule this year, and we have taken weeks off (thanks to summer) here and there, but this is the first stretch where we have gone six weeks straight without a week off.  And the next week off in sight is super far away at Thanksgiving.

So, we aren't doing school this week.  Kara had three days straight over the weekend (she likes to finish 5 days of work in only 4 days so she can have a three day weekend) to goof off, relax, and play Minecraft.  Now we are going to sleep in, help a little extra at church, do a few more chores, read a good book or two, and take a break from our routine.

I'm excited already to get back to next week and see if this gave her more energy, or if she's sluggish getting back.  I'll keep you posted!

Comments