Wedding Bells

I posted pictures, but now I want to post fun things that were said or done aka my memories of the event.  I may add to this list as I remember things.

*  When Ryan and Chance rolled the white carpet out for Vicky during the ceremony, they started off crooked.  Abby looked up at Vicky (while in the back still), and said, "this is going to be a BAD wedding."  lol!  Abby is always saying hilarious things!

 *  Gram (Tim's mom) came over and talked to me at the end of the wedding and I love everything she has to say.  She is a fire cracker, to say the least.  She started by saying how at first she was so upset to hear Vicky was re-marrying.  She said, "how could she forget my son so quickly."  After the initial shock wore off, she realized Vicky's happiness is what mattered most and she was thrilled that Vicky had Mark.  She finally said, "I think Tim would have been so happy to know Vicky had Mark."  That was so beautiful.

 *  Gram also shared that Tim was a person who always did the right thing, even as a child.  She got a far away look in her eye and said, "I was always so proud of him."

 *  Uncle Jeff (Tim's brother) and his wife Linda came to the reception too.  Everything Jeff says is hilarious and he loves to laugh.  A small part of the time when he isn't funny, he's saying something so full of heart and love that it catches you off guard.  He is preparing to retire from a long career with the post office and we are so happy for him.  Having him at the reception meant a lot to me.  On his way out he said, "I really like you - you have a great sense of humor."  Coming from the funniest person in the family, I can't think of a better compliment!

 *  Aunt Jennifer (Tim's sister) came too.  She came early with Gram and helped Jessica a lot with the reception - setting up, favors, etc.  She is another hilarious family member and when she and Jeff get together, we all laugh so hard we cry and our cheeks and bellies hurt.  Meanwhile, her soft side came out too - she brought us Alabama bags for corn hole, which was really sweet of her.  She also gave so much time, energy, and love to her sister-in-law who is marrying another man.






 *  Our hotel room was super cool.  We had a suite, with two tvs.  The couch that pulled out into a bed for Kara and Hannah had a tv, and we had a tv on our side of the room too.  That was so convenient.  I set the thermostat to 64 degrees and was so, so, so happy and comfortable.

 *  Hannah spent some time (I think when she was 13) acting distant - normal teenage girl stuff.  She and Kara didn't get along as well, which could have been Kara too.  Anyway, they are back to their old selves and we were happy to have Hannah with us again, happily staying up late with Kara, brushing her hair, watching cartoons, and playing Minecraft.  I love what they have.

 *  Since it was the first day of college football season, I was able to sit and talk with Terry about something we have in common.  I really like getting to know him more.

 *  Terry was teasing Abby by pretending to sit on her and through giggles she said, "you're a bad person."  lol!!  That is a cut-to-the-core insult!  We laughed so hard.

 *  We made it back to the hotel in time to watch the first Alabama game of the year, which was super fun.

 *  Church is so hard without Tim there.  It's where I miss him the most.

 *  Driving past the cemetery is worse.

 *  My anxiety is much better, thanks to my new medicine, but Michael still happily drove all the way to NC and all the way home so I could relax/nap in the passenger seat.



 *  He even stopped at Chick Fil A on the way (see the cup?), even though he hates going to multiple places.  We actually went to three separate places!

 *  I always dread a trip because of the drive and being away from home, then I always have such a blast with every single person in the Day family that I wonder why I dread it.  I can't wait for Thanksgiving already.  Too bad we don't live closer!

 *  I am so glad Mark and Vicky came to visit last month so we could get to know Mark.  When we showed up this weekend and I saw him, it was like seeing family.  I was so happy to see him.

 *  Gram told Nathanael it was a shame he has a beard because he is so handsome.  I told her Michael has a beard and I love it.  She said Michael looks distinguished, but looked disgustedly at Nat.  Lol!

 *  Old stories that always come up and are hilarious came up again - who pooped in the tub as a kid, toys that were destroyed by siblings and a not-really-grudge is held, who got caught red handed trying to create a flame ball, etc.

Comments

Vicky said…
I cried bittersweet tears reading some of your reflections! I love that you fit into our family! We all fit! We are family! ❤