Great Results - Good Health

The results came back from the biopsy and the nodules are not malignant.  Praise God!  After all of this, they decided to leave my thyroid alone.  My body is doing a good job adjusting to the overactive thyroid, for the most part.  Most of it is discomfort from it being so large and maybe a few other side effects.  Medically speaking, it's best to just leave it where it is and let my body figure it out.

I told her my anxiety is so much better on the Lexapro and she said since I'm only on 10mg, we can increase me to 20mg any time I feel like I need more.  I have never had a doctor like her.  I have anxiety and depression all over my family and extended family, and I've had anxiety since I was six.  For whatever reason, people always made me feel like anxiety medicine is supposed to be a temporary thing.  This doctor said if we got my blood pressure to a good level with medicine, we wouldn't get me off blood pressure medicine.  This is the same thing.  I will be on this forever.  And that's okay.  No shame.  No guilt.  I can function now and it's so great.

While I was at the doctor, I asked her to check out my ear.  I have had ear issues my whole life and sure enough it's red and unhappy in there.  My hearing is muffled and my ear hurts.  This happens quite a bit (a few times a year).  I believe there is something stuck on the ear drum, causing it not to move properly, which is why my hearing isn't great right now.  (I've had an ENT clean the eardrum before, which was super painful, but did the trick.)  The doc prescribed me ear drops (which I've had before and worked well, but have expired), and when I picked it up the price was $225 - that's with insurance!  I asked the good people at CVS if they could help me get the coupon the doctor told me about but I could not figure out.  A nice girl spent five minutes typing away on her computer, her fingers were going a mile a minute.  Next thing I know she printed a coupon, entered it in the system, printed a new label for my ear drops, and I only had to pay $52.  I asked if they had a 10 year shelf life.  lol.  They do not.

I called to make my first appointment with a therapist/counselor.  (I use those words interchangeably.  Forgive me if they are two separate things.)  Making that first phone call is the scariest thing.  I finally got the guts to call and God saw fit to give the lady I wanted to see a cancelation tomorrow and I can go at 3:00!!  I actually love therapy.  It hurts to dive deep and dig out the infected parts, but the healing is so wonderful and worth it.

I am feeling pretty good today.  Mind, body, and soul.  God works all things for good for those who love him and are called according to His purpose.  (paraphrased from Romans 8:28)

Comments

Vicky said…
I meant to comment on this the other day when I got this in my email. We are praising the Lord for the great results! I told everyone at church about it at prayer meeting! Thank You, Lord!