More Good News

First of all, my thyroid news is good news.  It is overactive, enlarged, and has large nodules, but they assure me it is definitely not cancerous, which is totally wonderful.  That AND my body is doing a good job regulating itself (for the most part).  It could be attacking the thyroid or worse.


This was my resting heart rate a few weeks ago.  I was asleep and I woke up because I could feel my heart beating out of my chest!  Sure enough, my resting heart rate was 113.  (Usually my resting heart rate is 80.)  In the mean time, I started a new medicine, Lexapro, and plan to work my way off what I'm on now, Xanax.  They say it takes 6-8 weeks for Lexapro to be built up in my system, but I could feel a huge difference after a week or two.  Let me show you this:


I mean, this is amazing.  I am thinking even my old resting heart rate of 80 was due to anxiety, which my friend Jessica totally called.  She was right.

So, I have finished all of my tests except one - Thursday I go in for the biopsy.  Going into the procedure knowing all the tests so far (ultrasound, 2 blood tests, and the uptake with all of it's readings) show it's not cancer and nothing funky is going on should make it not so scary.  It won't help it being painful though.  I know my nodules are solid, so they won't be draining my nodules during the biopsy, but they'll see what is going on.  Hopefully we can decide if I need to go on medicine or have surgery to remove some or all of the thyroid, or if we will do nothing!  There are worse things in life than what I am dealing with - especially since the anxiety is doing okay for now and I can function again.

I'll keep you posted after the biopsy Thursday.

Comments

Vicky said…
Praying, sweetie, that the biopsy brings more good news! Love you!