This and That

After so much fun, traveling, etc, I spent Thursday and Friday at home.  I rested as much as I possibly could.  I couldn't keep my eyes open through the day, even though I slept 8-9 hours each night.  Nothing super exciting to post about those days except I finished Parks and Recreation on Netflix.  It was a show similar to The Office (which I loved), but the main character was a woman who was upbeat and positive, super organized, and loved the people in her life fiercely (and wasn't afraid to show them with thoughtful gifts).  Just when I was feeling like I identify with her, she is super into politics and wanted to one day be president.  That's where we part ways.  The show was funny and sweet and a nice way to spend two sluggish days.  Now I am watching That 70s Show.

Saturday I met Christina early for lunch, grocery shopping (which includes ALDI and Walmart), and Staples.  Basically, the best day ever.  We were done by around 2:30, but since our husbands were out fishing together, we hung out at Christina's house.  We played with her budget (which is always fun for me), got her tax info ready to send out, and goofed off until the guys were done.  Then we all went out to dinner - we wanted to thank them for having Kara while we were in Branson.  I know they had fun and she is family and all of that, but they paid for her food and had to think about one more person than usual, so I still wanted to thank them with dinner.  PLUS I got to go out to dinner with them - score!

Sunday I worked my butt off doing church work.  I know it was Easter, but my parents were just here and we had all had dinner together a few times and that was kind of Easter.  So, I worked and worked and worked.  Payroll took forever to do because there was an early dismissal one day for tornadoes, there was a holiday, and there was a training day.  I didn't just hand out those hours willy nilly.  You only get holidays if you aren't a sub, and if you have been there 90 days or longer.  I won't bore you further with even more details, but whoa.  After my usual counting of the tithe, after payroll, after all my other usual stuff on Sundays, I still had lesson plans to do.  So, I ended up logging almost 7 hours of work, after church and lunch with the family.  I was tired all over again!  lol.  Needless to say, I slept very well that night!

Monday was a little more church work, and back to school with Kara.  We ended up doing school outside because it was so pretty.  The kitties were very happy we did!  On my way to church, I swung by CVS to do some coupon shopping and did SO well, if I do say so myself.

Read all about it here.

After dinner Monday, Kara and I went for a walk to the mailbox.  I love that kid.


I'm not sure if you can see since the light is
behind the trees, but my oaks are finally
growing their leaves.  They are the last
to bloom around here.  I'm ready for even
more green!


Tuesday we had extra time in the afternoon, so after doing a little extra school outside with the kitties again, Kara and I watched a bunch of Gilmore Girls together.  We are a mother only-daughter duo, just like they are.  It starts a lot of conversations!  Dinner at Christina's while Michael fished in a tournament, then home to do chores and finish my Bible study.

Today is Wednesday!  School is going very well, and I plan to run to the post office with Christina, have dinner with Tanya, then head to Bible study.  Wednesdays are so great.

Comments