For Merideth

I am going to visit Merideth soon to start getting her homeschool room together.  I had some things to say, so I am writing this post for her.  (Hi Merideth!)

Things like this look beautiful, but think about cleaning it up every day.






They seem so great and organized, but I think it is setting yourself up for failure.  Think about what your kitchen looks like.  What your bathroom looks like.  This is what your homeschool room will look like.  Take it from me!  I have over organized before because it looked pretty on Pinterest and I have created so much extra work for myself!  I think bigger storage solutions like these are your best bet (and it's what I use):

See that little green bin?  You can put more than just books
on these shelves.






Closed storage allows you to teach the kids to clean up - just scooping it all into drawers or bins sets them up for success.  And plain open shelves allow you to be flexible with books, but do you also see the green bin on the shelf?  You can store more than just books and notebooks on there.

What do you think?

Comments

MomOf3Maggards said…
I love it all!
I about busted out laughing at your comment to look around my kitchen and bathroom! Ha! NO, I DON'T WANNA!! It's so cluttered and I need to get rid of clutter! SO, I agree 100% with not being able to just throw things in and close it up- we have to break the cycle!