Thursday, June 1

The fight went on longer than I thought it would.  I came home from the ENT to find the girls hadn't come to an agreement after 5 hours.  They had been playing separately, at a stalemate.  So, I gathered them together and we figured it out - the girls are super different and Hannah wants to be outside all day, preferably on the 4 wheeler.  Kara wants to go outside sometimes, but likes drawing, watching tv/movies, and generally wants to be inside, especially when it's hot.  (It's so funny because Kara is the one who gets all of her friends to play outside.  She loves being outside.  Hannah is just the first kid who likes it 24/7.)  So, they ended up playing outside with the hose Wednesday night, well into dark.  I'm not sure if they had bathing suits on or clothes, but there was a lot of laughter, so I think they were good!  I told them there is nothing wrong with bringing a third person in to help work things out.

Thursday, even though we worked on a plan Wednesday evening, the girls still couldn't make it work.  So I said, "let's get out of this house!"  My plan was, busy, busy, busy.  It turns out, that was the trick! I heard lots of giggling again, lots of "that was so cool!"  :-)

First we started by shopping for Guntersville souvenirs and then had lunch at Chick Fil a.


Then we went to the Cathedral Caverns.






They did a little drawing before we packed a picnic and headed out on the boat.

Big kid chalk art is awesome!

The boat was a great end to the visit!



Crazy windblown hair.

Um.  Yeah.

Hannah doesn't have curly or frizzy hair,
but when she is with us, she insists she
does.  :-)  So I play along.  :-)

Picnic time.



Michael proceeded to throw that fish at Hannah!  I was so shocked that I couldn't think to take a picture.  After she kicked it back in the water, I took this picture.  Michael said, "I did that in honor of Ryan."


The wildlife is so pretty there!










It took forever for them to get the guts up to go swimming!

Here are the videos:


And some more fun pictures:




We came home and watched Avatar (skipping past one certain scene, *ahem*) after Hannah packed her bags.

Friday morning we got up early and headed home!  I wish I would have done more fun things with them, but I'm glad for all the things we did.  Next time, I have great ideas!  Hannah is such a great kid.  We love having her here.

Comments