White Boards

Tuesday was the first day we used the new little white boards.  They remind me of those slates children used to use all those years ago.  Kara hates writing and doesn't particularly like math.  But as soon as I put a white board in front of her and hand her a marker, she gets right to it.  I can't tell if it's the way it feels to write or what, but she changes.


Here we are learning to use the calculator.  This is a controversial topic.  I googled, "what year do kids start using calculators," and found a lot of opinions!  I know once you get to trigonometry, you really need a calculator.  I remember using graphing calculators all through high school.  So I asked Michael what grade he was in when he started using a calculator and he said 6th or 7th grade.  Since Kara is doing 9th grade math, I'd say we held out a pretty long time!  So, this week we also got into how to use the calculator.



She is doing great!  Math isn't her favorite, but she can do it.  I am pushing her and she is doing well - As and Bs. I'm very proud of her.


Comments