Wednesday, 9/30

It's only 1:30 and it's already been a wonderful day.  I woke up at the crack of 7:30 to be ready on time to meet the contractors at the house at 9:00 to do a walk through before they insulate.  As soon as I got there, I got the key to the temporary door.  Fun!  After spending an hour and a half walking through each room, they are going to move three outlets, add four more outlets, and move a window.  *yikes*  I was nervous when we got to the laundry room and started telling them about the folding counter I wanted under the window and saw the window is too low for the counter.  Oh no!  They said, "we can move the window."  I said, isn't that incredibly expensive?  And won't that delay insulation because it'll take forever?  They said, "nope, it won't cost you a thing.  We still have plenty of siding laying around and the rest is just moving two b' fours."  (Love that accent.)  Well, let's do it!  They are going to raise it up so I can still have my folding counter.  YES!  Meanwhile they are insulating Michael's boat garage right now (out there, we are using standard batting that most houses use - the spray stuff is going in the main house only).  The gas guy came while we were meeting, which was perfect.  It was fun to talk gas plans while I was there with Bert and Chris.  Every single part of this process is an absolute blast.  (And let me say, in my not-so-humble-opinion, Michael would NOT want to build a house if he didn't have a wife like me!  That hour and a half meeting would have been Michael answering every question with, "yeah, I don't care."  lol.)

When I first pulled up to the house at 9am, it felt pretty nice out, then the sun came out and it got hot. Not 100+ degrees like early August, but sunny, humid, and 80 felt hot this last day of September.



I'm looking forward to a cool front that is coming for a few days - it's going to be in the upper 60s!

After the meeting, I went to the library to return the books Kara read and get her more:


Because we're in a small town, the librarian asked why Kara wasn't with me and how she was doing.  Yes.  It's happening already.  :-)  I love this.

Then I grabbed some chick fil a and got ready for my Skype meeting with our financial advisor.  Fortunately the short term investments aren't the ones we have lost the most money with (which is why we invested like that), so even though the stock market is THE PITS right now, the accounts that were hit the hardest will bounce way back by the time we can access them anyway.  We talked mortgage and taxes, then we were done.

Kara wrote this awesome book report on Charlotte's Web:

Charlotte’s Web is a book where interesting things happen to Wilbur the pig. Charlotte, a spider, plays a big part in Wilbur’s life. She saved him from becoming pork on a plate. Here’s some information on three characters in the book.
Fern is a girl who loves her pig, Wilbur. Fern’s kind, loving, and caring, and she doesn’t want her father to kill Wilbur. She only sold Wilbur because she had to and she could visit him every day. She also played a part in saving Wilbur; she stopped her brother from capturing Charlotte.
Charlotte is a spider who saved Wilbur. She is kind, loyal, and she willingly helps in any way she can, especially when she promises to. She saved Wilbur by writing words in her web to convince Homer, the farmer, that Wilbur is spectacular and non-kill-able. Charlotte is also amazing in her ability to tolerate the rat that lives at the barn.

Wilbur is a special pig. He is Charlotte’s best friend, he’s good, and he’s humble. He is loyal; he prefers to be locked up then to leave Charlotte. Wilbur was brought to the farm when he was only two months old.

Now I am posting this and thinking about what to make for dinner.  We had marinated steak and rice Monday, then chicken/bacon/corn chowder with mashed potatoes last night.  I'd love to make something simple like spaghetti last night, but we'll see what I can get away with.  :-)

Tomorrow Kara has her first horse lesson, then Friday is her first homeschool PE class.  Yay!  It's been an awesome week.

Comments