Monday 9-21

This morning we were at the 4H club meeting at 8am.  It about killed us.  This once a month meeting will have to be prepared for more in advance next month.  Shew.

Anyway, Kara signed up for horses, chickens, technology, and soil.  Soil.  Huh.  I love that girl.  We'll see what we get and what we learn.  In the mean time, we have a photography project and a poster project to work on.  Such a great part about this - we participate as much or as little as we want.  They even said we could do nothing and just show up to meet friends.  While we won't do that, I appreciate the lack of pressure.  :-)  Since the youngest age for 4H is 9, we are going to use this as a learning year.  (Can you believe she didn't pick archery?  She and I both have wanted to learn that since Brave.  And maybe I want to be like Katniss.)

Then we spent the rest of the day trying not to be exhausted.  And failing.  But when it was nap time, Kara just wasn't tired enough to sleep, so I didn't either.

I finally took the time to call around for cover schools and I think I found one.  I'm going to get working on the paperwork.

Bert and Chris are meeting at the house tomorrow at 9am and I was invited to join them if I want.  Heck yes!  I am looking forward to that.  Something I need to decide on is the exterior paint color.  So, I went to Sherwin Williams to get samples and I have to choose between these browns:



Is it just me or do they all look pretty much the same??  lol!  I am looking to paint the outside one of the colors on the third row down.  Looking at them next to the stone makes me want to pick the middle one.  But I like the one on the far right.  Oh!  And the second one.  Help.



So, between the 8am meeting, school, finding a cover school, and getting browns to decide on, I'm feeling pretty proud of all I've accomplished today.  :-)

And I'm super happy because right after Michael signed off from his work day, he took the boat out to go fishing.  YES!  This is why we moved here and this is why he wanted to work from home.  I've been telling him for years that he should go fish during the week.  Now is the only time it makes sense (because we are so close to the water).

P.S.  That electric bill for one month for this small townhouse was $315!!!

Comments

Vicky said…
What is a cover school? And, what will be painted with the browns? I'm not a "brown" person, so I probably would be no help, LOL!
jeday0323 said…
A cover school is the way you homeschool in Alabama. You have to report to them like I used to report to the county in Maryland. (You can use cover schools in Maryland too, I just used the county instead.) Here in Alabama, they want to see attendance records, lesson plans, and they want to see your curriculum. This is strange to me because I could forge all of that. It made more sense for them to look at Kara's work, like they did in Maryland, but I guess it doesn't matter since we are homeschooling honestly!

The brown is for our exterior of our house. I'm not a brown person either! Which is why I had so much gray in our last house. But craftsman houses, especially ones with stone, look best in brown, I think. Not to mention, I want our house to blend in to the woods a bit, so I'm going with earth tones. I will have them paint part of the house brown before they do the whole thing and if I hate it I will think of something!
Vicky said…
I guess I was thinking the part of the house that was not stone would be siding. You have excellent taste so I know you will make the right choice! :D Thanks for the explanation of the cover school. That is what I figured it was about.
jeday0323 said…
Thank you for the compliment.
And it will be siding! I will do a post next about the exterior of the house. (I don't think you were reading my blog back when I first talked about it.)