West Coast Vacation - Day 5

This was our huge driving day.  We left around 9am, but didn't get to the hotel that night until 7pm.  Wow!

So, we left Crescent City, CA (which is right on the coast) after breakfast at the hotel, and got off rt. 101 for the first time since San Francisco.  We took rt. 199 to rt. 5, and it turns out the twists and turns of rt. 199 made for a much longer trip than predicted, but had the most amazing views I have ever seen in my life.  Between the mountains with rivers, and driving through redwood grove after redwood grove, I have never seen sights so beautiful.  We were already driving so slowly through these windy roads, we didn't pull over to take pictures very much.  But here are the ones I did manage to get:

I can't see the water through the trees.  Hang on a sec....

Peek a boo! 







Then we finally came close to the highway and decided to stop for lunch.  We went into Applebees and even the mountain views from there were gorgeous.




We were on the highway FOREVER and finally got off to see where Twilight was filmed.  Please allow me a few minutes to geek out a bit.

This is the tree Edward and Bella stood on - if you saw the movie, you'd recognize it right away.

The lion vs the lamb rock (you can see the sign they posted) 

Cool!  This thing was at least 8 inches long. 



Sparkle rock 

Then we drove to Multnomah Falls, which was gorgeous!  We wanted to walk on the bridge thing up there, but it was damaged due to falling rock recently.  Boo.





Such a hospitable environment for plants, you can see 3 plants in one here!



After this, we were so tired, so we checked into the hotel around 7pm or later, Christina took Kara to the pool again so I could get everything set up again.  We ordered pizza, which was delivered to the room, which was so nice.  I found "You've Got Mail" on tv and my mom and I got ready for bed.  Long, long day with AMAZING views.

Here is how much we've driven so far:


Comments