Yes or No?


I just posted this on Facebook.  How perfect is this???

I am trying hard to not think this:
  * I have to help.
  * I'm not doing enough.
  * I must step up.
  * They need help.
  * They need someone.
  * They need me.
  * Saying no lets someone down.
  * They will be disappointed in me.
  * I will have failed them.
  * I will be a failure.

And I'm trying to think this:
  * Michael is working so hard to support our family.
  * He won't be working this hard forever.
  * He is a wonderful husband and deserves support from me in any and all ways he requests.
  * Kara will be small and home with me such a short time in her life.
  * Such a short time in MY life.
  * Raising her is a huge responsibility.
  * Schooling her is a huge responsibility.
  * They are both full time jobs.
  * I am already busy.
  * Already busy doing God's work.
  * It's okay to say no.
  * I'm already saying yes to God's big plan for my life.
  * God does nothing but set me up for success.

"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."  -- Galatians 1:10

Comments